This article is part of the special topic "Future Mobility".
SHIFT MOBILITY 2020 Connect and rule? Digital mobility services set to be even more important post-pandemic
The first international mobility event of 2020 will be held in Berlin and will include discussions with top decision-makers from the tech community on the topics of autonomous driving, shared mobility and connected car.
SHIFT Mobility, the first international mobility event of this year, will present international top speakers discussing the mobility concepts of the future as part of the IFA on September 3 and 4. It even kicks off with a highlight: “Connect and Rule? Connected Vehicles and Digital Mobility Services” is the title of the first session on Thursday, at which high-profile speakers from industry and science will address the topics of autonomous driving, shared mobility and connected car. The keynote speaker is Sandra Philips, the founder and CEO of Movmi, who had this to say: “If we don’t want to have more cars in our cities again after the pandemic, we need a transport system that is reliable, safe, affordable and resilient; an ecosystem that combines shared mobility and local public transport.”
The other speakers at the exclusive live event in Berlin are:
- Alba Jiménez Mateos, Shotl: He presents a system that boosts the efficiency of transport companies in an intelligent way – and will soon be rolled out at Munich airport, among others.
- Jeff Schneider, Uber Advanced Technologies Group: He reports on how autonomous driving makes traffic safer.
- Prof. Dr. Barbara Lenz, German Aerospace Center (DLR): She will share some of her expertise on automated transport systems.
- Prof. Nicholas Evans: The philosophy professor will talk about ethical problems that need to be solved in relation to self-driving vehicles.
- Raunaq Bose, Humanising Autonomy: Digital solutions that are set to improve communication between humans and technology.